Tuesday, December 23, 2008

NAAScon Day 2&3


yeah...


So it's been more than two months since my last post about NAAScon. I just got caught up with school, life and everything in between.

Atlanta was just dope. I've met some cool people who share the same interest, fire and desire about Asian America. They were my kind of people who I can chill with and as them activist say, "fight along side in this revolution." Big shouts to my cousin, TOBY WU who was one of the coordinators. He did an amazing job igniting the spark which our generation of Asian American youths should have, because everything is "not okay" as my Louie would say.

To summarize everything, the workshops for NAAScon was very different as oppose to workshops I've gone before in conferences I will not name. I felt the workshops do mean something from Asian Americans in media, to gentrification, to the 39 Confederate soldiers who fought in the Civil War. Where is our history, how can we obtain these information? It is so vital for us to know about these things yet no one seem to give two shits about it. I am glad I had the opportunity to share my time with people who cared.

Big ups to Kevin Kao who drove us around Atlanta, my ODU peoples who were "hella" cool as them West Coast people would say, of course the organizations of NAAScon.


Goodnight Altanta, I will be back someday...thanks of the hospitality.

No comments: