Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sal's Sports is next...




Sal Marchiano retired from his sports anchoring job on Channel 11's 10 o'clock news last week. I am sad because Sal was my favorite sports anchor and for a period of time, I wanted to be like him. He gave 40 years to the business and ever since I was in elementary school I would stay up to 11 just so I can watch and listen to him speak. After listening to his calm and soothing voice talking about the Giants, Knicks, Mets, Yankees and Rangers, I would be able to go to sleep.

I am glad that I got a chance to watch one of the segments when I came home this break but I didn't know that it will be the last time that I would see him on air. I caught one of his many famous phrases "toodle-ooo ta ta and see ya" and knowing that I would be able to sleep well tonight.

Enjoy your retirement Sal, nightime Sports broadcasting will never be the same in NY without you.

Sal's Sports is next if you keep it where it is.

No comments: